Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Vineyard Ladies

I've been blessed to receive a wonderful new group of friends. It started with a few, and quickly grew to 10! Unfortunately there are 3 missing from this photo. When Luke and I moved into our new house we started looking for a new church in the area. Luke quickly found River Heights Vineyard and we fell in love with it. It has a wonderful accepting atmosphere, contemporary Christian music, and three amazing pastors who (believe it or not) all deliver excellent inspirational messages. It was not long before I discovered that a girl I went to high school with attended the church: Rebecca Rosario. We started talking and met outside of church a few times. When I told Rebecca I was looking for a photographer, she introduced me to Tamrah Ryan (CT Ryan Photography). Tamrah talked to me about the possibility of having a ladies night gathering. Rebecca was invited, and she suggested we also invite some other ladies from the church. The group grew and grew and now there are 10 of us who have monthly ladies nights (and other gatherings in between!).

I feel it is such a blessing to have met this wonderful group of women. I've never really had a group of Christian girlfriends - girls who share my beliefs, follow Jesus Christ, and can truly uplift and encourage me in my faith. They all have unique and wonderful talents, as well as beautiful spirits. I am grateful for them and feel that I could go to any one of them with my concerns and my joys. So here's to April, Loni, Emarie, Tamrah, Naomi, Rebecca, Meredith, Jessica and Monique - I love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you too, Amanda!! Thanks for this post... I'm so thankful for this group too.

Anonymous said...

you are so lucky to find this group at such a young age...I can say that because I have one your age lol...anyway about 9 months ago I found a group of woman at my church and we have become very close! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Ahh...your so cute! I love you too and feel very blessed for all of you in my life!