Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Boy or Girl? Trying to Stay Neutral...
I've always had a preferred gender in the back of my mind, even since I was a little girl. I feel it's very important now for me to stay neutral. We will find out in October if our Mini-Stombaugh is a boy or girl, and I want to be happy either way. If I were to get my hopes up about a certain gender and then feel disappointed, that would be quite awful of me. I would feel like a terrible mother. After all, there are so many things that matter more than gender like physical, mental and spiritual health. Family isn't making it any easier, though. Everyone seems to want a girl just like me. There aren't a lot of girls in the families. Luke has two brothers and I have one brother, so I'm the only girl. When we told Luke's dad about the pregnancy he cried tears of joy and then said, "I hope it's a girl." He has three sons. I've been praying for neutrality in my heart. The other day I did have warm and fuzzy feelings about the thought of having a boy. I think God is doing a good job of preparing me either way. Let it continue!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you know what will happen?? When you have that ultrasound up until the moment you find out you will have your hopes and then when you hear the sex you will be giddy with joy! It doesn't matter...really! PS I will think pink, tho!
Thanks, Beth! :)
I agree. You will have your hopes, but as soon as you find out what the gender of the baby is it won't matter. You will have the biggest smile no matter what.
Post a Comment