Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nursery Planning is Fun!

Luke and I have decided how we're going to design Noah's nursery. Originally I had thought a Noah's Ark theme would be fitting. Luke said that was too obvious and not really original - we could come up with something more creative. So then I thought of having a Calvin and Hobbes theme. Luke loved Calvin and Hobbes when he was growing up, so naturally he thought the idea was awesome! The concept of Calvin and Hobbes surrounds the adventures and imagination of a little boy. This is a concept that can grow with Noah. It's definitely a unique theme, and it will be super fun to decorate!

Right now the room is bright orange. It was my office. About a week ago we managed to clean and move all of my office stuff downstairs to what used to be the guest bedroom. This was a large task considering that my office had become my "junk room." I really didn't do a good job of keeping it clean and organized. Many hours and six bags of trash later, it was moved! Then we moved the nursery furniture from the garage to the nursery closet. Now it's time to paint. We purchased all of the paint, but have yet to get started. We have decided that the upper walls will be a creme color, followed by a white chair rail, and navy blue for the lower walls. As for the Calvin and Hobbes theme, I will be painting a mural and several other illustrations throughout the room. I'm excited! Noah is going to have the most awesome nursery! :)

We have decided on this scene for the full wall mural :

I will paint this smaller illustration above Noah's crib :

I will paint & frame this with a note saying, "Love, Mom & Dad" :

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! He is one lucky boy already! Thankfully you are an artist! Have fun

Unknown said...

Cuuuute! Cannot wait to see how it all turns out :)

Anonymous said...

that is too cute of an idea! :) very original! :)