
Here we go again. As expected, Luke's 5 day leave was too short-lived. And today I had to say goodbye and give him up to the sandbox yet again. My heart yearns for him for he is my love, my soulmate, my best friend. The precious few moments we were able to be together confirmed those roles of his even more. How was I so lucky to find him in 8th grade? He is absolutely the best husband I could have ever dreamed of having. He is mine and I am his - forever and ever, Amen.
Part of me wants to break down and cry for an entire day (or two) - just to get it all out. I feel a heaviness in me when I think of the long lonely months ahead. I won't be able to kiss him, to sleep next to him, to feel his warm strong arms around me. For a long time.
The other part of me says, "Hey! You've done this before and you'll be just fine!" I want to listen to her. She's right. I've got God on my side, and both He and Luke reside in my heart. With God resting there, I will stay strong and courageous. With Luke resting there, he is forever with me no matter how far apart we are.
-Joshua 1:9
No comments:
Post a Comment