Friday, August 14, 2009

Sniffles, Hips and Pains

I've been congested and sniffly ever since I got pregnant. At first I thought it was our house. I asked Luke if we needed to get the air ducts cleaned. But we left town and the same thing happened. Now, after talking with my friends who are moms, I have found that this is just another symptom of pregnancy. I will probably be blowing my nose until February. :)

My hips are already feeling tender. Most mornings when I wake up they ache. I try to sleep with a pillow between my legs, but it doesn't always help. I am planning on getting a pregnancy Snoogle pillow soon. Maybe that will do me some good.

Since the early weeks of pregnancy, I have experienced twinges of pain in my stomach whenever I cough or sneeze (and sometimes when I laugh). I was worried about this at first and thought something was wrong. My friend Tamrah who is currently pregnant with her third child told me that this is completely normal during pregnancy. Ligaments in your stomach begin to stretch soon after conception, preparing for the baby. When you cough or sneeze they stretch even more. That is what causes the pains. I am happy to have all of these experienced women in my life to set my mind at ease!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

All of it is totally normal...one of my worst symptoms was the sniffles and I have never had allergies but it was HORRIBLE in the fall until winter!! :(