Friday, February 19, 2010

Funny Pregnancy Moments

In the months of January and February (8-9 months pregnant) I had a few typical pregnancy moments that made me chuckle to myself. The first happened at Walgreen's. I was the next in line to check out at the register and was digging in my purse searching for change. I dropped a penny. I just stood there staring at that penny on the floor. The woman ahead of me looked down at the penny and then at me. Then she bent down, picked it up, and handed it to me. I laughed and said, "Thanks, I was thinking that it SO wasn't worth it" (implying that to bend over while I was that pregnant to pick up a mere cent was ridiculous). She laughed too, said she understood and she's been there as well. :)

A few weeks later I was at United Hospital for my nursing bra fitting. After my appointment I was slowly making my way down the hospital hallway back to the parking ramp. An old man was walking toward me from the other direction. As we passed each other I realized that we were walking at the exact same pace (SLOW!) with a slight waddle in our steps. Except he was walking that way because of his age and I was walking that way because I was so very pregnant.

It's funny how some young men view pregnancy. They don't really get it. Last week I had two young men (first the barista at my work cafe, then the teller at my bank) make similar comments on my state of being. They both looked at me concerned and asked if I should be "walking around like that." They asked me if I should be in bed or something, and should I be working right now? I laughed and my response to both of them was that women typically aren't put on bed rest unless there are complications, and most usually work up until the day they have the baby. Oh, boys...

Click here to see some photos from our maternity shoot with CT Ryan Photography!

No comments: