Monday, November 10, 2008

Babies

I've had the baby itch for about.....hmmmm.......6 months now. I REALLY want a baby. I'm ready to turn my life upside down for a child. Luke and I have been together for nearly nine years now. I love him - he's my best friend. But I think we've had enough us time. I think we need a mini-Stombaugh in the house. The sad part is that my hubby is not here. And I don't know when a baby will happen. And I know I cannot rush Luke. After having gone through a deployment once before, I know that he will need adjustment time when he gets home. And neither of us really know how long that will be. At first I didn't want to believe that. I wanted to believe that he would be ready the day he got home, and that we would have a "war baby," as they say. But I now know that is selfish.

I have so many friends who are pregnant right now and although I try so hard to just remain happy for them, sadness for myself always creeps in along with it. I want a tummy that's growing right now. I just have this aching inside of me. It's a strange feeling that I can't really explain. I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about what our little one will look like and what it will feel like to hold them. I want that now, but cannot have it.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. I know that I cannot really help, but if you ever want to hold my baby you are more than welcome. Don't worry, a baby will come sooner than later. I will be praying for God's timing, peace, patience, strength, and his will for your life. Keep fighting the fight and you will be rewarded!

Amanda Stombaugh said...

Thanks so much, Becca! That means a whole lot to me! :)

WelchFamily said...

Thanks for the comment! Look at you and your blog too! :) God knows the perfect timing for Luke and You to have your first baby. Be patient, he will show you when and we will all be very excited when it happens!