
My poor Jake was diagnosed with Colitis yesterday. I guess it all started when I gave him this meaty bone I got from the U last Thursday. They sell them here specifically for dogs, so I figured it would be a good thing for Jake (something to chew on that's not my furniture...). Well, Saturday I was gone for about 4 hours - went shopping and to a movie with my mom. When I got home there was diarrhea all over the floor downstairs, and Jake was curled up in the chair - he didn't even get up to greet me. I was hoping it was a one time deal - that he just ate something bad and his body got rid of it. Then on Sunday I was gone for about 4 hours again and came home to the same exact scene. I knew something was up. Then I noticed a little blood in his stool too. So I took him to the vet at 7:00am Monday when they opened. I brought in a stool sample and one of the bones I got from the U. They said he has Colitis (inflammation of the large intestines) and that it was most likely caused by the meaty bone. They said there looked to be a lot of junk on that bone that his body just couldn't handle. They kept him hospitalized all day, re-hydrated him (he was dehydrated from the diarrhea), fed him bland soft foods periodically throughout the day, and he'll be on medication for 5 days. I feel so bad!!! My poor poor Jakey. This photo was taken Sunday night when he wasn't feeling well. So pathetic! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment