Saturday, November 29, 2008

Numb

Being apart from Luke for so long has left me feeling numb. It's hard for me to even remember what it's like to have him with me, to have him by my side, to be with him.... it makes me sad. I calculated it all, and after he comes home from Iraq in June he'll have been gone 3 out of our 9 years together - that's 1/3. 1/3! I couldn't believe it. It's sad that I'm actually getting used to his absence.... but not by choice. I want to be with him every hour of every day. When we have a family someday (hopefully in the near future) I want him to be there for everything - to not miss one thing. But unfortunately I know that he will miss things. The sacrifice is great. It is greater than anyone could imagine. It has left me numb.

4 comments:

AshleyJ said...

I am sorry that you feel this way but I hope that you can find comfort in knowing that you are not alone. There are thousands of people all over the US that are feeling what you are.

Pleas let me know if there is anything that we can do to help you...

Love,
Ashley and Curt

Amanda Stombaugh said...

Thanks Ash. You're sweet, and I wish you were here.

Unknown said...

Oh, Amanda! I am so sorry. It must seem impossible some days. Honestly if there is anything that I can do let me know.

And I am very thankful for your sacrifice! I feel privleged to know You and Luke.

Let God in and he will heal your wounds!

Love Becca

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have awarded you with one of my five 'Superior Scribbler Awards'!
Check it out :
http://aspiringtolivelife.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-am-blessed.html